- Peace Garden: A Sanctuary

A Sanctuary

Wednesday, August 04, 2004

Well here we go. My first submission on this site. But why? Why am I taking the time to set up this blog, writing the entries and keeping everything up-to-date? Well the whole process is a catharsis for me. I have been very frustrated and anxious about the world around us. Sure I felt the same in the 70's. Then I worked on the McGovern campaign on the University of Bridgeport campus. It made me feel I was doing something and I had hope (How naive!). Then I felt the same when I saw the Earth being destroyed. I volunteered as the president of the Trumbull Land Trust and planted my whole yard as a wildlife habitat. Did it change things in the area? Not to a great extent - there still is destruction. Then I was frustrated with corporations so I changed careers and entered the not-for-profit world. Now I look around and see things getting a lot worse and scarier. I think I agree with John Dean when he says this Bush regime is worse than Nixon and Watergate (and he should know). I see us spiraling back to "Earth Destruction" with SUV's, McMansions and total disregard of laws and acts that are meant to save the environment. And now I am very frightened by how many people either accept or look the other way when it comes to the senseless wars in Afghanistan and Iraq. And how they turn a blind eye and deaf ear to this government's lies, deceptions, and shenanigans. So I hope by putting my thoughts and resource findings on this site I can start a dialogue with others. It will be a cathartic process and one that may help me realize a dream. I hope to create a resource for individuals interested in peace, sustainable futures, justice, environmentalism and progressive ideals. This is a start. IMAGINE!



  © Blogger templates Newspaper by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP