- Peace Garden: The countdown continues....

The countdown continues....

Friday, October 29, 2004

So what are we in for? Here in Connecticut I was pretty sure that Kerry would be carrying the state. Over a few beers last night that feeling got a little carried away and grew into a "Kerry landslide" nationwide (thank you to Air America's Rhodes). We left feeling pretty confident and elated. But this morning I was driving to work and listening to a local rock station. The calls were overwhelmingly for W. Were W supporters the only ones up and Kerry supporters still sleeping off last night's beers? Needless to say my "last night's elation" was dampened.

So what gives? Will the undecided be swayed by the Halliburton investigations? How about the stolen explosives? Or the Osama (Rove-timely) tape? Will the young voters pull the lever for Kerry? Or will the "American Terrorist" (another curiously timed tape) spread fear across the U.S. and create a bloc of votes for Uber-man W?

I am totally confused and I admit totally scared. I have always gone through life preparing for the worst possible outcome. So I have my plans in place (somewhat). I think I am ready for another 4 years of W. I think I am ready to help my sons navigate a draft. I hope I am ready to hit the streets to stop an escalation of our Mid East adventures. I imagine that I am ready to cry out for our Civil Liberties. I feel I am ready to fight to save our Mother Earth. I just hope that I won't have to.



  © Blogger templates Newspaper by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP