- Peace Garden: Bizzaro World

Bizzaro World

Tuesday, February 21, 2006

The Smirking Chimp has a great piece by Ed Naha.

It was Harry Whittington's apology to Dick Cheney last week, closely akin to a pedestrian hit by a drunk driver regretting the damage done to the sot's front grille, that convinced me. BushCo. has finally transformed America into a real(?)-life version of Bizarro World.
For those of you who don't remember Bizarro, he was the distorted, dim-bulb opposite of Superman, the result of a twisted duplicating ray. He and other Bizarros lived on a square planet called Htrea (Earth spelled backwards), and swore allegiance to the Bizarro Code: "Us do opposite of all Earthly things! Us hate beauty! Us love ugliness! Is big crime to make anything perfect on Bizarro World!"
Yeah, that about sums up America circa 2006.
Some great Bizzaro quotes from W:
"I knew we're at war when they attacked us. As a matter of fact, I was down here in Florida. It didn't take long to figure out what was going on. And I vowed that day that I would not rest, so long as I was the President, in protecting the people. So a lot of my decision-making is based upon the attack. And I know we're at war, see -- I knew it then, and the enemy has, unfortunately, proved me right because they continue to attack. In order to win the war against the enemy you got to understand the nature of the enemy."
Read the article and see if you don't agree.

Thanks to Superman Through the Ages for the great picture. Resembles W a little, doesn't it?

Me am done now. Me saying hello!



  © Blogger templates Newspaper by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP