- Peace Garden: Falwell at the Pearly Gates

Falwell at the Pearly Gates

Tuesday, May 15, 2007

The Baptist Standard in 2004 reported

(Jerry) Falwell, pastor of Thomas Road Baptist Church in Lynchnurg, Va., responded: "I'd rather be killing them over there than fighting them over here, Jesse. And I think you would. ..."
"Let's stop the killing and choose peace," (Jesse) Jackson responded. "Let's choose negotiation over confrontation."
"Well, I'm for that too," Falwell added. "But you've got to kill the terrorists before the killing stops. And I'm for the president to chase them all over the world. If it takes 10 years, blow them all away in the name of the Lord."
So Jerry, you're up at the Pearly Gates and they're looking over your life. How are you explaining this statement away? The Devil made you say those words? I think you are in for one good tongue-lashing (if not a little more).



  © Blogger templates Newspaper by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP