- Peace Garden: Pondering...

Pondering...

Saturday, December 31, 2005

As we near the end of '05 and are ready to welcome in a "better" '06, I hope this is read and considered.
I hope those who are ruled by "fear" think about this as they allow and condone the taking away of an individual's liberty and freedom through illegal wiretaps, secret prisons, abuse of power....
I hope the words are considered by those who love "power and might" and call for the "death of others" based on creed, race, nationality, political leanings as they applaud the torture and murder of "enemies", as they applaud the death penalty, as they welcome and encourage the continuation of our occupation of Iraq based on their "ideal nation"....
I hope all read this as 2006 demands a greater voice and presence to end the war and abuse of power...

First they came for the Jews and I did not speak out because I was not a Jew.
Then they came for the Communists and I did not speak out because I was not a Communist.
Then they came for the trade unionists and I did not speak out because I was not a trade unionist.
Then they came for me and there was no one left to speak out for me.
Pastor Martin Niemöller



  © Blogger templates Newspaper by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP