- Peace Garden: WTF?

WTF?

Thursday, July 03, 2008

Obama opens door to refining his Iraq policy

Democrat Barack Obama opened the door Thursday to refining his plan to bring U.S. troops home from Iraq in 16 months based on what he hears from military commanders during his upcoming trip there. "I am going to do a thorough assessment when I'm there," he told reporters on the airport tarmac here. "I'm sure I'll have more information and continue to refine my policy." During his presidential campaign, Obama has gone from the hard-edged, vocal opposition to Iraq that defined his early candidacy to more nuanced rhetoric that calls for a phased-out drawdown of all combat brigades that, at a rate of one or two a month, could last 16 months. He has said that if al-Qaida builds bases in Iraq, he would keep troops either in the country or the region to carry out "targeted strikes."
First rumors of him keeping Gates, now this.

Getting very worried!

Of course, better than Bomb Tehran John (at least I hope). But come on Barrack. Remember what we all want!



  © Blogger templates Newspaper by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP