- Peace Garden: State of dis-Union

State of dis-Union

Thursday, February 03, 2005

I tried to watch W last night but I couldn't sit there and listen to him. So I found myself surfing the internet(s), reading the paper... But what I did catch was :

  1. The ridiculous display by the Congress who painted their fingers blue. Okay the election took place, but I am tired of everyone calling it a success. It cannot be deemed a success until Iraq is no longer occupied, our troops are home and all Iraqis live in peace.
  2. W's smirks and winks are a little to "Frat house" good old boy's network for me. I wonder who he is signalling to: "Don't worry, just kidding on this one." Let the citizens in on the inside jokes.
  3. I "loved" the kiss he gave my Senator Joey Lieberman (Connecticut's own Zell Miller). Give me a break Joe, change party already. You are trying so hard to be a repug, may as well change your affiliation officially. Don't worry about losing my vote. You didn't get it last time, you won't get it next.
  4. Nice to see Kucinich on the aisle. I always wonder what he, Boxer or Kennedy say to W after a speech like that: "Nice job but you're all wrong." or "Don't let the door hit you in the ass on the way out."
  5. W loves certain catch phrases like: freedom, hard work, nuclear (or nucular). But we haven't heard "Osama bin Laden" uttered by W lately. It reminds me of Gandalf in "Lord of the Rings" when he said of the inscription on the ring: "The language is that of Mordor, which I will not utter here." We know that W think Osama is Sauron. So I guess we may never hear Osama's name pass the lips of W ever again.

I mentioned Kucinich. Uncle Dick Cheney was on Hannity Radio today and said, "I never could understand Kucinich." Of course not Dick: he talks of new ways of looking at things, he talks of peace, he thinks before he talks and he talks based on his passion and ideals.. Is it any wonder you don't understand him?



  © Blogger templates Newspaper by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP