- Peace Garden: New Pope Benedict XVI a Strong Critic of War

New Pope Benedict XVI a Strong Critic of War

Thursday, May 19, 2005

Michael Griffin of the Catholic Peace Fellowship writes about Pope Benedict XVI. I know I won't agree with him on many matters (as I disagreed with Pope JPII). I know that I wonder what the St. Malachy prophesy implies about this guy. I know I question many things about him- and then he says something like this:

"There were not sufficient reasons to unleash a war against Iraq. To say nothing of the fact that, given the new weapons that make possible destructions that go beyond the combatant groups, today we should be asking ourselves if it is still licit to admit the very existence of a 'just war'."

Our world, Pope Benedict XVI knows well, has had enough of war. We join the chorus of hopes that his ministry as pope will help put an end to war and hasten along God's kingdom of peace.



  © Blogger templates Newspaper by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP