- Peace Garden: Mom, Who Lost Son In Iraq...

Mom, Who Lost Son In Iraq...

Wednesday, July 06, 2005

Talks About "Disgusting" White House Private Meeting With Bush.

Founder of peace group to stop senseless murder of our children, Cindy Sheehan wants parents to ’wake up’ to the illegal nature of the war and Bush’s corrupt motives meriting impeachment.

After her son died she was invited to the White House to meet with W. You would think she would be on the receiving end of some warmth and compassion.

But what she encountered was an arrogant man with eyes lacking the slightest bit of compassion, a President totally "detached from humanity" and a man who didn’t even bother to remember her son’s name when they were first introduced.
Instead of a kind gesture or a warm handshake, Sheehan said she immediately got a taste of Bush arrogance when he entered the room and "in a condescending tone and with a disgusting loud Texas accent," said: "Who we’all honorin’ here today?"
"His mouth kept moving, but there was nothing in his eyes or anything else about him that showed me he really cared or had any real compassion at all. This is a human being totally disconnected from humanity and reality. His eyes were empty, hollow shells and he was acting like I should be proud to just be in his presence when it was my son who died for his illegal war! It was one of the most disgusting experiences I ever had and it took me almost a year to even talk about it," said Sheehan in a telephone conversation from Washington D.C. where she was attending a July 4th anti-war rally.
Sheehan said the June 2004 private meeting with the President went from bad to worse to a nightmare when Bush acted like he didn’t even want to know her name. She said Bush kept referring to her as ‘Ma’ or ‘Mom’ while he "put on a phony act," saying things like ‘Mom, I can’t even imagine losing a loved one, a mother or a father or a sister or a brother.’
"The whole meeting was simply bizarre and disgusting, designed to intimidate instead of providing compassion. He didn’t even know our names," said Sheehan. "Finally I got so upset I just looked him in the eye, saying ‘I think you can imagine losing someone. You have two daughters. Imagine losing them?’ After I said that he just looked at me, looked at me with no feeling or caring in his eyes at all."
Sheehan said what really upset her about the meeting is that Bush appeared to become annoyed and even angry at her daughter Carley, 25, who also attended the White House get-together.
"My daughter said to him directly ‘I wish I could bring my loved one back’ and he said something like ‘so do we.’ Later she told me that after he made his remark he gave her one of the filthiest looks she had ever had gotten in her life.
Our President! Clinton had the expression "I feel your pain" that was the material for many jokes. But it sounded real. W's meeting just sounded disgusting.

W: our Oz charcters rolled into one - he needs a brain like the scarecrow and a heart like the tin man. If we could only send him home, like Dorothy, before his term is up.



  © Blogger templates Newspaper by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP