- Peace Garden: I Have A Dream

I Have A Dream

Monday, January 16, 2006

Martin Luther King said

I say to you today, my friends, that in spite of the difficulties and frustrations of the moment, I still have a dream. It is a dream deeply rooted in the American dream.
I have a dream that one day this nation will rise up and live out the true meaning of its creed: "We hold these truths to be self-evident: that all men are created equal."
Those were very different times. That speech was in regard to very different circumstances. If he were alive today I am sure his dream would be for: an End to the War, a pursuit of love of all cultures and creeds, a hope that this nation would turn away from fear and violence...

If he were here today I am sure he would be outraged at the growing economic inequalities in today's society, would rail against the rise of the corporate state, and would condemn the attempts to destroy the Bill of Rights.

If he were alive today... he would be leading the call to change this country and turn it around.



  © Blogger templates Newspaper by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP