- Peace Garden: Peace Pilgrim

Peace Pilgrim

Thursday, August 19, 2004

... Click on the title to reach the site for Peace Pilgrim - a remarkable and beautiful human. Below is a poem she wrote - offered here with no comments or explanation (none is needed). WAR On the scarred battlefield, when they forced me to go I met a man that they said was my foe- And I ran him through with my blade! When I pulled it out and his blood gushed forth, I was suddenly filled with a racking remorse - "I have killed a man!" I said. He was slim and youthful and frightened like me, And not a fiend as they said he would be - "They sent me to kill you", he sighed. "By God! I wish you had done so!" I swore. "Why, I don't even know what I'm fighting for!" "Nor I," he breathed, and died.



  © Blogger templates Newspaper by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP