- Peace Garden: What I Didn't See in Iraq

What I Didn't See in Iraq

Friday, April 15, 2005

Jim McGovern is a Representative from Massachussetts and writes of a recent trip to Iraq. He paints a picture of continued violence, misguided policy, a war based on lies, our presence increasing the ranks of the insurgents...

"What worries me almost as much as our misguided policy in Iraq is that so many of my colleagues and so many citizens have become resigned to the fact that the war will go on. Congress is not being inundated with letters and phone calls and faxes and e-mails and street protests demanding an end to our presence in Iraq. President Bush's re-election seems to have taken much of the energy out of the antiwar movement. My recent visit to Iraq only strengthened my belief that this war is wrong. And only renewed, passionate dissent by the American people can end it."



  © Blogger templates Newspaper by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP