- Peace Garden: I love Helen Thomas

I love Helen Thomas

Tuesday, March 21, 2006

Bush V. Thomas : Winner by TKO - Helen

He calls on Helen Thomas, teasing her for her performance at the Gridiron dinner. Thomas: "Your decision to invade Iraq has caused the deaths of thousands of Americans and Iraqis...every reason given has turned out not to be true...why did you really want to go war?" Bush: "I think your premise...I didn't want war. To assume I wanted war is just flat wrong. No president wants war. Everything you may have heard is that, but it's just simply not true. My attitude about the defense of this country changed on September the 11th. Our foreign policy changed on that day. We used to think we were secure because of oceans and previous diplomacy but we realized on 9/11 that killers could destroy innoncent life. And I'm never going to forget it and never going to forget the vow to do everything in my power to prect the American people."
(Thomas tries to cross talk and Bush is not happy with the interruption.)
"I also saw a threat in Iraq. I was hoping to solve this problem diplomatically...that's why I went to the security council....the world say, disarm, disclose or face serious consequences....therefore, we worked with the world...and when [Saddam] chose not to disclose, then I made a difficult decision to remove him..."
Oceans protecting us? Did W ever hear of ICBMes or planes or submarines?

Thanks Helen. At least one reporter has the guts to question insanity.



  © Blogger templates Newspaper by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP