- Peace Garden: Reality imitates Art

Reality imitates Art

Friday, April 07, 2006

Think Progress has an article and photo of Harry Taylor, a real hero, who used his constitutional rights to lambaste W. In looking at the photo (at left) it clearly brings to mind the Norman Rockwell painting called "Freedom of Speech."

The only difference is that Rockwell showed the audience looking toward the speaker as a hero. The woman to Taylor's right (our left) looks like she is ready to blow a bubble. "How dare you criticize God's representative on Earth. I'd do anything for W, including giving up sanity and reality."

Taylor closed his remarks by stating:

I feel like despite your rhetoric, that compassion and common sense have been left far behind during your administration, and I would hope from time to time that you have the humility and the grace to be ashamed of yourself inside yourself. And I also want to say I really appreciate the courtesy of allowing me to speak what I’m saying to you right now. That is part of what this country is about.
I wonder how he made it out of the meeting - questioned by FOX security - surely put on THE LIST?



  © Blogger templates Newspaper by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP